Why is this position interesting?
Our client is looking for an experienced International Market Manager to develop their 3rd party distributor relationships overseas.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record in alcohol beverage sales, the development of international distribution agreements, a strong network of contacts in the international alcohol beverage industry and possess strong commercial acumen. Based out of our Dublin office, he/she will work closely with our executive leadership team, finance, marketing and production colleagues to ensure potential distribution and production partners meet the high standards and expectations
- Identify optimal international markets to launch and develop brands.
- Identify relevant sales, marketing, distribution and production companies within each territory.
- Understand local excise and production regulations and constraints
- Conduct suitability assessment of proposed partners.
- Agree commercial terms with preferred partners, both in sales and production.
- Agree joint-business plans.
- Manage the launch and on-going development of our brands within each agreed territory.
- P&L Onnership
The position requires a combination of the following skills and abilities:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, in commercial, legal or related subjects.
- Strong commercial acumen & project management skills.
- Proven track record of prudent Budgetary/P&L management.
- Proven track record in innovation/new to market brand projects – bringing brands to market, developing launch/seed/growth strategies & activations.
- Strong understanding of brand P&L, with an ability to drive value and ROI across sales, A&P & production budgets.
- Ability to build sustainable rapport with key contacts within the industry and to negotiate commercially beneficial supplier contracts.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with a compelling and energetic manner in individual and group situations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as excellent presentation abilities
- Smart, creative thinker with ability to approach problems in a non-linear fashion.
- Cross-functional leadership with an ability to influence people to a shared vision. Ability to generate buy- in from multiple stakeholders
- High attention to detail with a great ability to multi-task
Get in touch for a full spec, please contact us on LinkedIn: Mark Burgess & Tracy Riordan