Why is this position interesting?
Are you a disruptor, who dreams big every day? In this brand’s first two years it grew from a concept to a billion-dollar brand. It has been a product phenomenon in the USA alcohol market, and we are offering a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone creative, ambitious, and dynamic to lead global communications on the brand.
This role will be responsible for the development of world class brand campaigns and activations that support our business goals, always looking to embrace a disruptive consumer-first mindset. White Claw is a unique brand because of its popularity in culture and loyal fan base of influencers – taking risks, being agile and building a brand that lives in culture will be critical skills for any successful candidate. This person will collaborate closely with a broad set of internal and external partners to create integrated marketing campaigns that drive brand desire among consumers as we rapidly expand worldwide.
This individual should have a flair for creativity and a bias to action. Ideally, someone who thinks and acts like an owner demonstrating that they can stay lean, agile, and highly creative.
Key Aspects of the Role Include:
- Oversee the strategy and development of global brand campaigns and activations.
- Collaborate with leaders across multiple teams (Local Marketing, Cultural Marketing, Insights, D2C / Data, and Innovation).
- Work with VP Global Brands and Insights team to control foundational brand strategy and guide global go-to-market approaches based on market development stage.
- Stay closely attuned to emerging trends and culture to ensure the brand is both engaging and relevant around the world.
- Lead disruption of the alcohol market with ‘voltage comms’.
- Deliver plans that are founded in the principles of modern marketing i.e., Developing big ideas within communications ecosystems ensuring fit-for-format creative to drive maximum impact in social.
- Embracing a data first mindset and the capacity to evolve work via testing and learning in real time.
- Earn the respect of your global market leads by delivering clearly articulated campaign ideas.
- Ensure a bias to action – where speed and quality are balanced to win first mover advantage in this exciting, but increasingly competitive category.
- Use consumer data and analytics to ensure we are growing in the right way with the right consumers with clear targets on what success looks like.
Functional Capabilities for the Role:
- 10+ years’ experience driving large-scale global marketing programs.
- Experience of delivering world-class (award-winning) and highly creative campaigns and activations.
- Experience of building grass roots marketing – community building and social-first thinking.
- Global mindset; experience working across multiple geographies a plus.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and executional level; ideate and directly execute.
Leadership Capabilities for the Role:
- Direct experience of building and leading high-performing teams.
- Excellent communicator, compelling storyteller and someone fascinated by the consumer.
- Experience presenting to senior leaders with strong opinions and excellent resilience.
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams toward common goals.
- Highly collaborative, a great listener, and able to work across geographies with peers and executive teams to drive action and results.
- Thrives in an environment without a set playbook – a self-starter comfortable in pioneer the new
- Positive outlook, curious, with a desire to learn and grow quickly.
- A Team player who loves high energy life and connecting with nature and the outdoors
Essential Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Commercial & project management experience, to ensure that recommended marketing plans are successfully implemented across all global markets.
- A fascination with ‘the consumer’ and significant research experience.
- Proven track record of cross functional agency management – Media, PR and general Communications.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
· Higher education qualified.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Advertising preferred.
· MBA Optional
· Award winning campaign work demonstrating big ideas delivered via a digital first mindset.
As much of the existing range of brands trade in North America, travel to North American may form part of this role.
Get in touch for a full spec, please contact us on LinkedIn: Mark Burgess & Tracy Riordan